Licensure Disclosure

If you are an out-of-state student who is planning on pursuing an NMSU Distance Education Degree Program involving licensure or certification, it’s your responsibility to check with your home state licensing agency to verify the program meets that state’s requirements. It’s highly recommended you check BEFORE you enroll at NMSU and begin your program. Links to professional and educator licensure agencies are listed below.

Although NMSU accepts out-of-state students to its DE Degree Programs involving licensure or certification, that does not imply, or guarantee recognition, or equivalency, and or transfer to another state. Since educator licensure and endorsements are regulated by state education agencies, students need to check with their home state agency about licensure, endorsements, or career advancement using educator credentials earned through NMSU DE Programs.

Professional and Educator Licensure

Department DE Degrees Offered Website
  • Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
  • Master of Arts in Agricultural and Extension Programs
  • Information Technology Coordinator Endorsement
  • Post BA Elementary Licensure
  • Reading Disabilities
  • Reading Endorsement
  • School Library Media Specialist Endorsement
  • Special Education Alternative Licensure
Department of Education State Contacts
  • Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
  • Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
National Society of Professional Engineers and National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing
  • Master of Science in Nursing
  • Master of Nursing Administration
National Council of State Boards of Nursing
Social Work
  • Master of Social Work
Association of Social Work Boards